How much does an eyelid surgery cost?
At Aesthetic MdR, your personal investment will depend on your surgeon’s experience and location. Set up a personalized consultation with our team today so that we can answer any questions you have about an eyelid lift.
Am I a candidate?
The ideal eyelid surgery candidates are healthy Santa Monica men and women who do not have any serious eye conditions. If you want to correct upper eyelid droopiness and heavy undereye bags, an eyelid lift may be right for you.
How do I prepare for eyelid surgery?
Before your eyelid surgery, Dr. Macias will give you thorough instructions to prepare for the procedure. The steps you’ll need to take to prepare for eyelid surgery may include:
- Having a medical evaluation
- Taking blood tests
- Taking or adjusting certain medications
- Not smoking
- Not drinking alcohol
- Avoiding taking aspirin and anti-inflammatory drugs
- Arranging for a friend or family member to drive you home after surgery and stay with you for the first night
- Setting up your home for a comfortable recovery
Will there be scars?
Although you may have some visible scarring after eyelid surgery, the procedure usually results in only minimal scarring. Additionally, any scars you have will fade over time.
Are results permanent?
On average, the results of upper eyelid surgery last for around five to seven years, while the results of lower eyelid surgery often last a lifetime.
Will there be side effects?
Like any cosmetic surgery, eyelid surgery does come with certain risks. The most common risks and side effects of the procedure include:
- Difficulty closing the eyes
- Injury to the eye muscles
- Skin discoloration
- Temporary blurred vision or, rarely, loss of eyesight
- Anesthesia issues
- Unsatisfactory results