With more than 6 million treatments administered each year, BOTOX is the most popular non-surgical cosmetic treatment in the world. As an anti-aging treatment, BOTOX injections are a top-performer, smoothing lines, wrinkles, and creases for a refreshed, more youthful look.
What is BOTOX Made From?
BOTOX is an injected solution with an active ingredient of a neuromodulator called botulinum toxin. The extremely small amounts used in a BOTOX treatment make this FDA-approved injectable extremely safe and effective.
- Botulinum toxin is derived from clostridium botulinum, found in many natural settings like soil, lakes, and forests.
- Although BOTOX is created from this material, it well-established that BOTOX injections are a very safe, non-surgical, anti-aging treatment.
While not the only cosmetic neuromodulator now available, BOTOX is the original, and trusted by millions of people across the globe to want to maintain a smoother brow and fewer wrinkles.
What to Expect With BOTOX Injections?
BOTOX injections require only about 15 to 30 minutes to complete.
- The BOTOX injection comes in powder form, which is diluted with saline to become injectable.
- The injection of BOTOX moves from the dermis into the muscle, blocking the muscle’s ability to move, causing wrinkles to soften.
- BOTOX can halt the development of wrinkles in the early stages.
You will need a little patience to experience results, as it takes three to seven days for the BOTOX to achieve the smoothing effect.
What is Recovery Like?
BOTOX injections have minimal side effects, which may include minor bruising or redness at the injection site. There actually no recovery time associated with BOTOX injections. You will be able to return to your usual activities immediately after your injections. After a BOTOX treatment, you will want to that to ensure the treatment performs as expected, and need to follow these rules:
- Do not rub or scratch the injections sites
- Use ice if necessary, to reduce any bruising
- Keep your head upright, with no bending or exercise for four hours after your injections
Who is Not a Good Candidate For BOTOX?
BOTOX injections are not appropriate in some cases, including for people who:
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Have an allergy to any ingredient in BOTOX
- Have skin infections at or near the injection site
- Have muscle or nerve conditions (such as ALS)
- Are living with a serious illness or infection
Always discuss your specific health issues with Dr. Macias and his team if you are considering BOTOX injections or other aesthetic procedures.
What Else Can BOTOX Do?
In addition to smoothing wrinkles and lines, BOTOX injections are used to treat a range of physical conditions including:
- Chronic migraines
- Excessive underarm sweating
- Neck or shoulder pain
- Uncontrolled blinking
- Overactive bladder
Why Choose Dr. Macias?
An internationally renowned plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, Dr. Luis Macias is an acclaimed aesthetic surgeon, known for his artistry and ability to produce very fresh, natural results. Working with Dr. Macias at Aesthetics MdR will help you achieve your desired results in a safe, beautiful environment in Marina del Rey.